Hey, Toledo! Let’s start this day. Here’s everything happening in town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
The sun gives way to clouds. High: 63 Low: 49.
Here are the top five stories in Toledo today:
- Toledo man Aaron Matthew Emch46, was charged with rape and unlawful imprisonment by the Hillsdale County Attorney’s Office. emch was under GPS surveillance at the time of the crime as he had previously been charged with similar crimes in Ingham County against the same victim. (The Hillsdale Daily News)
- Toledo Police have stopped Jadiah Carter22 years old, for the murder, on April 27, of a 7-month-old child Desire Hughes. (WTVG)
- the Toledo Police will conduct a “traffic enforcement blitz” from May 23 to June 5. The effort will target speeding, seat belts and drunk driving to coincide with the national”Click it or Ticket” campaign. (WTOL)
- This year, several efforts are being made to help save the population of migrating songbirds in Northwest Ohio. High-rise buildings in Toledo dim their lights to avoid collisions with glass windows and Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial to Baying turn off their lights during peak bird movement times. (WTVG)
- The University of Toledo Medical Center has been designated a Level II Trauma Center. The upgrade is the result of new management’s efforts in UToledo President’s Office and the Save UTMC group. (WTOL)
Today in Toledo:
- Korean language and calligraphy – Toledo Public Library – Main Branch (09H00)
- Heatherdowns Book Discussion – Heatherdowns Branch Library (2:00 p.m.)
- How to make a video call with Zoom – Toledo Public Library – Main Branch (2:00 p.m.)
- Central teens – Kent Branch Library (4:00 p.m.)
- (Nintendo)Switch Night – Mott Branch Library (4:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- the Toledo Human Relations Commission organizes job fairs aimed at the employment of young people aged 15 and over. The next job fair will take place at Scott High School Saturday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. (WTVG)
- Several overnight road closures have been scheduled in Toledo to facilitate the transport of “Cold Boxes” from the Lucas County Port for North Star Steel May 5, 9, 12, 16 and 19. Ohio Department of Transportation and TPD will help the transportation process. (WTVG)
- the Glass City Subway and international park are now connected by a footbridge which replaced an old railway bridge which spanned Main Street in Toledo. (WNWO NBC 24)
- A ceremony in honor of the deceased Toledo Police Officer Brandon M. Stalker will take place today at Ohio Peace Officers Training Academy in London, Ohio. (WTVG)
- the Bissell Pet Foundation is sponsoring an Empty the Shelters event at Human Society of Toledo May 2-8. Adoption fees are reduced to $25 for animals over 6 months old. (Municipal paper of Toledo)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Alright, you’re all caught up for today! I will see you soon.
â Brad King
About me: I’ve always been from northwest Ohio and graduated from the University of Toledo (Go Rockets!). I’m old enough to remember when the Mud Hens still played in Maumee. The City of Glass has seen an amazing revitalization, and I’m excited to share every update with you!
Do you have a topical tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Toledo Daily? Contact me at [email protected]