The diversity of people is inherent; therefore, only tolerance can guarantee the survival of Métis communities everywhere on earth. The universal human rights and fundamental freedoms of others are also recognized by tolerance.
International Day for Tolerance 2022
International Day for Tolerance 2022: People all over the world celebrate the International Day for Tolerance on November 16. As its name suggests, the UN promotes tolerance by encouraging respect for diverse cultures and peoples. The objective of this day is to raise public awareness of the dangers of intolerance. The main reason for creating this day was to spread the idea that tolerance is an important aspect of society to the general public and students of educational institutions.
UNESCO adopted the Declaration of Principles on Tolerance on November 16, the same year the UN declared 1995 the Year of Tolerance. In 1995, the UN decided to create the International Day for Tolerance to commemorate the 125th birthday of Mahatma Gandhi.
The celebrations were sponsored in 1995 by Madanjeet Singh, who later served as a UN Goodwill Ambassador. Madanjeet has made a significant contribution to intercommunal harmony and peace through his lifelong commitment to promoting tolerance.
The day is observed to promote tolerance and educate people about how it affects various socio-economic and cultural groups. Tolerance must be promoted both personally and professionally in order to make the world a better place to live.
Learn more about the theme, celebrations and facts here
WhatsApp messages and status
- Just by showing a little tolerance, you can make peace with the people around you in many ways. Best wishes on the occasion of the International Day for Tolerance.
- If you can tolerate, you can surely contribute to peace in some way. We must all practice intolerance for a better world. Happy International Day for Tolerance.
- We already have enough intolerant people in this world and what we need now are more tolerant people. I wish everyone a very happy International Day of Tolerance.
- Let’s come together to celebrate together the unique day of the International Day for Tolerance by spreading peace and happiness around us. Warm wishes on this day.
- Never consider a man who tolerates as weak because he is the strongest of all and we must respect him. I wish you a very happy International Day for Tolerance.
- This world would be a much better place to live in if we could all be a little more tolerant in our lives. Best wishes on the occasion of the International Day for Tolerance.
- “If a deep chasm separates my neighbor’s belief from mine, there is always the golden bridge of tolerance.”- Anonymous
- “No one is born hating another person because of the color of their skin, their origin or their religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, because love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”-Nelson Mandela
- “Tolerance is not about not having beliefs. It’s about how your beliefs cause you to treat people who disagree with you. Timothy Keller
- “In the practice of tolerance, the enemy is the best teacher.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
- “Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions.”- Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “The highest result of education is tolerance.”- Helen Keller
- Tolerance is nothing more than patience with limits.
- You get what you expect and you deserve what you tolerate.
- The highest result of education is tolerance.
- Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice.
- Don’t become so tolerant that you tolerate intolerance.
Many activities are organized in educational institutions around the world to mark the International Day for Tolerance and to promote awareness of the value of tolerance between cultures and socio-economic groups. Employees of various ethnic origins work for many large companies.
Important days and dates in November 2022