Fluency in FRENCH/ENGLISH required
Are you an outgoing and creative leader in communication, knowledge management and advocacy? Is your passion for working with global and regional partners on important health issues, especially immunization? Do you have excellent and dynamic communication and leadership skills?
The primary function of Administrator, knowledge management and Communication – Immunization is to support CORE Group’s current and expanding global portfolio of immunization projects, COVID-19 response and community health initiatives. This position will support global and regional advocacy efforts, particularly in Francophone Africa, in collaboration with GAVI, UN partners, CORE Group members, NGOs, national/regional/global immunization experts and other stakeholders. The manager will support a Gavi-funded project in the communication efforts of 7 Sahelian countries such as newsletters, press releases, video promotions and email announcements, as well as all advocacy and knowledge management activities .
The Manager will play a role in providing advocacy technical assistance to regional and global partners to achieve zero dose children, immunization strategies and equity in immunization, community engagement, surveillance, emergency response and preparedness in the context of COVID-19.
General responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- In collaboration with the CORE Group team, actively engage with government, donors, NGOs, regional and local organizations involved in immunization and the global health space, to promote collaborative planning towards solutions long-term sustainability for children at zero dose, as well as routine vaccination and vaccination against COVID-19
- Establish and maintain productive collaborative relationships with a wide range of partners and stakeholders, USAID, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Agriculture, county governments, multilateral partners such as WHO, FAO, OIE, Africa CDC and UNICEF, IFRC and donors such as the World Bank and civil society
- Lead global or local immunization advocacy, communications, technical and coordination meetings in addition to any learning activities.
- Provide support to public health and community partners for the establishment of localized awareness and engagement campaigns – including placement in local media, collaboration with community spokespersons and use of digital platforms – regionally and globally
- Lead knowledge management activities and strategy among multiple project partners.
- Manage media relations and seek opportunities to amplify the work of a diverse group of stakeholders and CORE Group members
- Create effective communications with and for partners to support public affairs strategies and campaigns, including regularly convening and facilitating task forces or advisory groups, developing and rolling out toolkits, message amplification, partner connections and digital engagement
- Develop and provide support for vaccine-related communication materials such as fact sheets, brochures, posters, editorials, blogs, public service announcements, success stories, panel remarks and other project materials
- Collect and analyze metrics to assess the success of our traditional/digital communications and community engagement efforts
- Develop internal publications such as newsletters, press releases, email announcements, scheduled, online, intranet publications, videos, special projects and other assignments
- Other tasks on request
- Must be bilingual, written and oral, in French and English
- Master’s or higher degree in public health, communication or marketing.
- Solid experience in vaccination. Excellent knowledge of GAVI 5.0, IA2030, polio eradication initiatives and other global and regional immunization strategies
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible experience in global health programs supporting health, infectious disease, immunization or development programs is required. Knowledge of emergency response/fragile states programming helpful.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in marketing, knowledge management and communications; proven ability to develop a successful strategic communications and messaging program targeting a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness to respond to changing priorities and working environment is a must.
- Teamwork, cultural competence, diplomacy and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must have the ability and experience managing people, mentoring and supporting growth in communications, advocacy, campaign implementation methods, as well as experience working with interns or volunteers.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills in English and French and ability to communicate complex technical information to a variety of audiences and stakeholders including senior management, country level health officials, UN , high-level USG delegations, inter-agency partners and host government counterparts is required. Knowledge of French very desirable.
- Expertise in gender and health systems strengthening useful. A deep appreciation and ability to articulate CORE Group’s mission, achievements and contributions to diverse audiences; a record of success as an innovative and collaborative leader in a mission-driven organization with many dispersed stakeholders
- Proven ability to execute a communications strategy across all platforms – traditional, digital and social.
- Exemplary writing and interpersonal communication skills; a refined and nuanced ability to create content, connect and deliver messages in ways that reflect, engage and enhance diverse community and complex cultural perspectives.
- Excellent creative and design sensibilities, with a solid understanding of the communication process from creative concept to production and execution. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Canva preferred.
- Successful track record of prioritizing and influencing key audiences using data and analytics to ensure effectiveness, measure success and adjust as needed.
- Excellent collaborator, engaging in cross-departmental planning and strategy sessions, with exposure to all staff and at all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record in fostering a team and goal-oriented environment that empowers staff through active communication and delegation; a style of leadership that builds trust, promotes diversity of thought, and celebrates accomplishments.
- A personal and professional commitment to diversity in all its forms and with all audiences, internal and external
- Resourceful, goal-oriented individual with a strong work ethic, personal integrity, and a sense of humor and perspective
- Ability to multi-task, work virtually with ease.
- Familiarity with webinar/online platforms such as Zoom or Webex required
- WordPress website management experience required.
- Familiarity with MailChimp or Constant Contact preferred.
How to register
The position can be based in Washington DC or remote (Sahel). The start date is immediate. The salary range is $60,000 to $68,000 per year.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Use “Manager_KM & Communications_Last Last name” as a subject line – no phone calls please. Only potential candidates will be contacted.