Whatsapp quotes, messages, wishes and status to share on September 22
September 22 is celebrated every year as the World Day of the Rose for the well-being of cancer patients. It is celebrated for showing its support and love for those suffering from the second deadliest disease in the world, cancer.
A timeless gift of love, the Rose is the symbol of sensitivity, hope and warmth. And contrary to that, the day is a time for the world to express emotional support and confidence that with a zeal to live, even the toughest battle can be won, even cancer.
What is the history of World Rose Day?
World Rose Day is dedicated to a 12-year-old girl, Melinda Rose, from Canada. Melinda was diagnosed with a rare form of blood cancer, Askin’s tumor, in 1994. Even after doctors said she could survive just a few months, the feisty girl lived for more than three years. And with every counting day, she left a big impact behind her.
She was undergoing intense chemotherapy, but despite the unbearable pain, she managed to attend school and attend camps. The little survivor spent time writing letters, verses, poems, emails, and more. with other cancer patients to cheer them up.
It is his will and his spirit that have enlightened the lives of millions of people around the world. Even in the last six months of her life, she advised others to fight cancer. The brave-hearted little girl later succumbed to cancer on September 15, 1996.
And he seems to remember bright-eyed girls with a zest for life, spirit of life, endless hope and kindness, World Rose Day is celebrated.
What is the significance of World Rose Day?
Cancer, the second deadliest disease in the world, not only affects health but also drains a person mentally and psychologically. So, on this auspicious day, people offer roses, cards and their presence to cancer patients and their caregivers as a sign of support. This small attempt is a proven step in restoring confidence and planting a ray of hope in the lives of cancer survivors.
Also, cancer organizations all over the world are organizing various events and programs to raise awareness and sensitize the society for cancer patients. This day is also seen as an opportunity for fundraisers and campaigns for patients living below the belt.
Wishes and messages for World Rose Day
- If you look at the world as a child, then every day is a miracle. On this World Rose Day, I wish all survivors a miraculous survivor.
- Smiling is the best way to let everyone know that you are getting stronger than the day before. I wish you a sincere pink day.
- I’m sending you a bouquet of roses to remind you that you’re not alone in this fight.
- Once you have chosen the glorious path of Hope, anything becomes possible. Wishing you and all brave hearts a very wonderful Rose Day.
- I wish all survivors a wonderful Rose Day and a speedy recovery.
World Rose Day Quotes 2022
- “You can be a cancer victim or a cancer survivor. It’s a state of mind. — David Pelzer
- “Let nothing trouble you, let nothing frighten you. Anything goes; God never changes. Patience gets everything. “He who possesses God lacks nothing. God alone suffices.” — Saint Teresa of Avila
- “When you feel sadness or anger about your cancer or your fate, hiding it is living an artificial life.”- Steve Jobs
- “Cancer can touch you, but not your soul; neither your thoughts nor your heart. — Vikrmn, guitar guru
- “Love and laughter are two of the most important universal cancer treatments on the planet. Overdose on them. — Tanya Masse