World Environment Day is celebrated on June 5. This day is marked to call to action governments, private organizations, civil society as well as individuals to protect the environment. The United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) is the nodal agency that organizes and supports events around the world. World Environment Day was first celebrated in 1974.
During this day, events are organized around the theme set by UNEP in order to promote community commitment to the cause. People are also sending messages to wish their friends and colleagues and urge them to be careful about their actions that could harm the environment.
Here are some quotes you can send to your friends and relatives:
“The environment is everything that is not me” – Albert Einstein
“Our planet’s alarm is going off, and it’s time to wake up and act” – Leonardo DiCaprio
“If humanity is to live long, you must think like the Earth, act like the Earth and be the Earth because that is what you are” – Sadhguru
World Environment Day 2022 wishes:
– Let’s give future generations a healthier environment to have a happier life…Best wishes on the occasion of World Environment Day.
– World Environment Day will continue to remind us of the harm we have done to our environment and the good we must do to fix it.
– On World Environment Day, let’s stop harming nature… Let’s unite to bring about positive change to make planet Earth a much healthier, greener and more livable place.
– Save the trees that our ancestors planted and plant new ones as a gift to the next generation. Make World Environment Day more successful by planting more trees!!!
– The Earth is like our home and we must make efforts to keep it clean and green. On World Environment Day, let’s promise to make it a better place to live.
– We cannot imagine prosperity without an environment. We cannot imagine life without the environment. It always comes first and we must make it our priority. Happy World Environment Day.
– World Environment Day reminds us that we must take care of our environment. Let’s promise to make our planet greener so we can enjoy life.
– Nature nurtures us at every turn like a mother. So the responsibility to protect it is ours. On World Environment Day, let us pledge to take up this responsibility with sincerity.
– Do not pollute water, soil and air. Once he’s gone, he’s lost forever. Sending warm wishes on World Environment Day, with a promise to take care of our environment.
– Let’s do our part to make the world cleaner and healthier… Happy World Environment Day.
The United Nations General Assembly declared June 5 as World Environment Day at the Stockholm Conference in 1972.